Pickled Eggplant (Egyptian)
You can find a lot of recipes for making pickled eggplant from different countries of the world but the Egyptian recipe for making pickled eggplant is quite unique and different from any other recipe. It takes only to prepare eggplant pickle in the Egyptian way. This recipe can be an appetizer with the main dish.
This recipe is categorized as +50 Calories
- 500 gm of Long Eggplant
- 4 carrots
- 3 green pepper (not spicy) AKA Bell pepper
- 2 Green Hot pepper
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 large lemons
- 1/2 cup of cooking vinegar
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoonful of salt
- 2 teaspoonful of ground black pepper
- Boil the Eggplant in water with little amount of vinegar then leave to cold.
- Cut vertical line with a knife in each Eggplant.
- Cut the carrots into very small pieces.
- Cut the pepper into small cubes.
- Grind the Garlic cloves.
- Mix all the above ingredients then add lemon.
- Stuff the Eggplant with the ingredients then leave in the fridge.
- Add lemon when serving.