Egyptian Fatteh Recipe
Meat Fatteh or The Egyptian Fatteh is a traditional dish in Egypt it consists mainly of meat and rice with tomato sauce. This dish can be made with lamb or beef and it takes about an to prepare.
This recipe is categorized as +50 Calories
- 1 KG of lamb meat or beef
- 1/2 KG Egyptian rice
- 2 loafs of pita bread (toasted)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 6 cloves of ground garlic
- 2 tablespoons of margarine
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 cardamom pods
- salt and pepper as needed
- 2 cups of tomato juice with one clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a big container add water to the half and leave to boil then add the meat, medium sized onion, salt, pepper and the cardamom. Leave till the meat is completely cooked.
- In another medium container add one spoon of margarine then add the rice. Then add part of the meat broth to the rice (maintain the level of the broth above the rice with 2 cm. Leave the mixture till boiling then decrease the heat and leave the rice to be cooked.
- Break the toasted pita bread into small pieces then spread in a deep plate.
- In a frying pan add margarine then fry the garlic till it converts to a golden color then add vinegar carefully. Leave till boiling together then add a small amount of meat broth then leave for another minute then add this mixture to the bread in the big plate. Add the rice to the plate in a neat way.
- Prepare the sauce in a small container by frying ground garlic with margarine then adding tomato juice and the ready made tomato paste. Add salt, pepper and cinnamon. Leave till boiling then add a small amount of meat broth.
- Add this tomato mixture to the rice as a layer then you can add pieces of meat on the top of the plate.