Egyptian Potato stew
This is a famous home made main dish in Egypt, it is known as the famous Egyptian recipe for potato cooked in the oven. It can be made with potato, tomato sauce and (chicken or meat) all cooked in an oven pan. Total cooking and preparation time about .
This recipe is categorized as +50 Calories
- A whole chicken with its skin cut into 4 parts
- Three medium onions
- 1/4 cup of sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons of canned potato sauce
- 4 cups of tomato juice
- 3 potatoes cut into medium thickness slices
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Spice up the chicken by hand rubbing with salt and pepper
- Peel one onion then cut into small cubes
- Heat up the oil on medium heat then add the chicken pieces and the chopped onion
- leave the chicken on the heat while stirring until it becomes red.
- In a separate container stir the tomato juice with the canned potato sauce then add potato slices then cover the container for 6 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C.
- In a baking pan begin with adding the potato mixture then add the chicken mixture and the chicken broth then add more salt and pepper.
- Cut the remaining onions into rings then stacked on the top alternately with some tomato slices.
- Insert the pan into the heated oven for about 35 minutes
- Serve with white rice.