Stuffed Pigeon Egyptian recipe
Stuffed pigeon is a very popular main dish in Egypt and many other countries in the Middle East. This dish consists of whole pigeons stuffed with rice, it takes about to prepare and to cook.
This recipe is categorized as +50 Calories
- 2 cleaned whole pigeons
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 grated onion
- Tomato sauce
- Vegetable oil
- black pepper powder
- Boil the pigeons in water with the onion
- Fry the granted onion in the vegetable oil
- Add salt and pepper
- Add the rice to the fried granted onion then add some pigeon broth to the mixture
- Spice the boiled pigeons with salt and pepper then stuff with the rice mixture between the skin and the meat from the pigeon’s leg area.
- Close the stuffed area with a toothpick to prevent rice leakage in the next steps.
- Add the pigeons in a pan with the remaining amount of rice then add
- Anoint the pigeons with some tomato sauce.
- Put the pan in the oven till the pigeons become red in color.